How to use Bialetti Moka Express
Bialetti Moka Express was invented by Alfonso Bialetti in 1933. It became an icon of Italy. For coffee lovers, it’s the best alternative to an electric coffee machine. Its distinct shape of 8 sides allow it to diffuse the heat and produce a rich and authentic espresso in few minutes. You can bring it with you anywhere, vacation, camping and enjoy a delicious espresso italian style.
- Fill the lower chamber with cold water just below the valve.
- Insert the funnel and fill it with ground espresso (do not tamp). Remove any coffee grounds on the edge of the funnel
- Tightly screw the upper part of the pot on to the base. Avoid using the handle for leverage.
- Select burner size to fit bottom of pot. For gas stovetop, make sure the flame is not larger than bottom of pot. The flame should not come around the sides of the pot.
- Place pot on the stovetop until the water boils and coffee begins to come out of the center post. There will be a gurgling sound during this process.
- When the top of the pot is full of coffee, remove from stove. Hazel brown foam appears just seconds before the coffee is completely done.
- Before pouring coffee, stir it in the upper chamber with a small spoon to equalize all the different coffee layers for optimum flavor.